Can women over 40 really lose fat, build muscle, and get healthier?
I did it, I coach it, and in this self-paced course, I’ll teach you how to take control of your food to support what you're doing with your workouts so you can do it, too!
But before that, a normal life happened.
Like many middle-aged women, years of being too busy to practice self-care set me on a path of declining health. I was never an athlete, not even in high school. I was a wife and high school teacher. Wanted to do more, but was busy (and honestly - more than a little intimidated by the gym.) Always thought I had time...
By age 47, I was on blood pressure meds and my doctor had a list of new meds I would need in the next few years. And she was clear about the risk of an early death like my mother. But she said I could change it if I was willing to do the work.
Instead of accepting a plan of adding more medications to treat my declining health, I took control and changed my life.
Tried many diets in the past - didn't work for me. When I used flexible dieting and weight training, I started to get results.
Fast forward 10 years - I retired early from public teaching so I could help other busy women transform their health, too.
What you’ll learn…
- how to use food as a tool to create the healthy, fit body you want.
- how to use flexible dieting so that you will feel more in control and feel less deprived.
- how to create a customized eating plan based on how your metabolism is working right now, in real time.
- how much protein your body needs to recover from your workouts and build beautiful, lean muscle.
- how your body uses carbohydrates and fats so you can confidently and deliberately include them in your diet to make them work for you not against you.
- how to portion your favorite foods so that you can lose fat.
- shortcuts to make food tracking easier so that you can always be in control of what you eat.
- how to adjust your food intake when you’re sick or stressed so that you won’t fall off track.
- how to stick to your plan when you’re eating away from home so that you can enjoy your time with friends and family.
- how to use flexible dieting to build the discipline you need to stick with a program long enough to reach your goals.
This course was created to teach busy women how to take control and use their favorite foods as fuel to get in the best shape of their lives!
All that, plus these bonuses are included (valued over $250!) to help you make a total healthy lifestyle change...
- downloadable, editable workbook so you can easily take notes and complete the action steps as you watch the lessons
- macro tracker we'll use when I teach you how to keep track of your protein, carb, and fat grams each day
- maintenance calorie calculator that we'll use when finding out exactly how much food you need to maintain your current weight. (This is how we start - find that balance point based on your current metabolism. You'll use the maintenance calculator again in the future as you lose weight.)
- daily and weekly food prep planners so you can successfully navigate a crazy schedule and save time at the grocery store
- 12 weeks of sample lifting plans so you create your own workout program to follow for 3 months at a time
- monthly trackers to help establish healthy habits around water intake, sleep, steps, and consistent workouts
- a steps to distance conversion chart so you can estimate how far you need to walk hit your daily step goal
- private group for support as you work through the course so you'll be able to ask me questions and chat with other women in this course
By the end of the course...
you’ll know exactly how much food you need to eat to reach your goals, you’ll have customized macros, a tracker you can continue to use, a plan for staying on track when eating out, and you’ll have a strategy for when and how to adjust your macros over time.
"I really enjoyed this course. By helping me focus on my macros, Tammy has helped me get away from the "good" food/"bad" food mentality and the guilty feelings that come with that. I'm certainly not perfect, but Tammy's flexible, real-world approach is helping me be far more consistent with my eating than I've ever been before. Thank you, Tammy!"
"With Tammy you learn the science behind the numbers, setting macro goals, and, most important, are given great support in maintaining a healthy mindset while you work towards your goals."
"I started to follow Tammy’s Lifting My Spirits page on Facebook a few years ago and really grew to like HER. There were no lies, gimmicks, or photoshopped images – just the bare truth. This was really appealing to me. I have lost weight, feel much better in myself."
I started my transformation in my late 40's and became an athlete in my 50's.
I started fixing my health in 2009. In 2010, I started my blog at LiftingMySpirits.com to document my journey. Tens of thousands have followed my process on Facebook since 2013. My story became a book in 2018.
I have earned NASM certifications as a Personal Trainer and Fitness Nutrition Specialist. Since retiring from teaching, I coach women over 40 online to be in the best shape of their lives using flexible dieting and weight training. Learn more about my coaching programs here.
I started competing as a bodybuilder when I was 50 and have competed five times. I am still using the flexible dieting process I'll teach you in this course. I'm also still training and might compete again in a few years - in my 60's!
My husband and our three dogs live near Lake Tahoe in Nevada, USA.
Frequently Asked Questions
StartDownload the Digital Course Workbook
StartMaintenance Calorie Calculator
StartMacro Tracker - Excel Spreadsheet to Download
StartPrivate Online Community for Continued Support
Start12 Week Sample Lifting Plan
Start2020 Monthly Habit Trackers
StartDaily & Weekly Food Prep Planners with Macros
StartStep to Distance Conversion Chart